Pricing team is seeking an experienced Java developer to join the team in India. This person will work closely with development manager to develop and maintain new functionality/existing framework of Data Challenge System (DCS). DCS is a java, spring/hibernate and Angular based web application used to adjust/confirm price challenges and process coverage requests for multiple asset classes.
This position will require ability to research, conceptualize, design, develop, deploy, maintain and enhance the product. This role will have responsibility to understand the overall architecture and an opportunity to work on developing, improving and optimizing various modules of DCS application as per the strategic roadmap.
General and deep experience with Core Java concepts, OOP and J2EE technologies are a must. Strong Experience with spring/springboot, hibernate, multi-threading, design patterns and SQL is a must. Knowledge of Angular is a plus. Knowledge of Microservices implementation/cloud native technologies is desirable. The ideal candidate would also have reasonable experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies like Jenkins and Gitlab.
Duties & accountabilities
- Implementation of financial services software using enterprise Java, RDBMS and modern web technologies.
- Quickly understand system architecture and become involved in design and development, taking ownership of assigned modules to drive projects to completion.
- Develop new module/component, and enhance existing functionality to high-standards. Adhere to best practices that enhance user experience, usability, scalability, performance and security.
- Develop, customize and optimize the product per business requirements and SLA’s. Adhere to best practices that enhance user experience, usability, scalability, performance and security.
- Enhance UI (using Angular) that can be deployed on existing Analyst Portal platform
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of reusable standards and libraries
- Take initiative and work independently on certain modules,
- Explores new development practices, standards, and interactive displays and message their discoveries to the team and employs them on projects where appropriate.
- Ensure development process is followed. Enforce quality standards including: code conventions, unit testing, static analysis, revision control.
- Manage application releases and support the applications, investigating and fixing issues.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with main stakeholders involved in the project – peer developers, Dev lead, QA team, business analysts, product specialists, in Noida, London and New-York.
- Ensure development conforms to standards, are flexible, re-usable and optimized for performance
- Work with Dev lead/manager on new requirements
Education and experience
- The right candidate will have an academic degree in software engineering.
- 7-9 years professional programming experience
- Substantial Java development experience is essential, including Object Oriented Design Patterns. Strong core Java 8 / Java 11 skills (with good understanding of multithreading, caching, design patterns and performance tuning)
- Strong Knowledge of Java distributed computing technologies, Spring, Angular JS, REST and modern Java web technologies
- Strong Experience developing complex SQL queries, working on Oracle RDBMS
- Experience working on NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Exposure to AWS, Docker, Kinesis, cloud native technologies
- Well versed with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools (Jenkins, Gitlab) and techniques
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record actively contributing to the implementation of innovative, best-practice-based, technical solutions in a complex and challenging environment
- Strong technical and platform knowledge, including some or all of
Languages and Frameworks
- Middleware: Spring Suite (Core, Security, Data-JPA, MVC, Integration), Springboot
- Frontend: Angular 2/4, JQuery, CSS, JSON, OpenFin
- Persistence: JPA, Hibernate
Configuration and Build Management
SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence
Databases & Application Servers
OS / Environment
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology (Scrum) and industry best practices.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering, computer science & Business Intelligence principles: object-oriented design, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, refactoring, debugging, and configuration management.
- Excellent design and problem solving skills and disciplined, engineering oriented mind set.
- Knowledge of Pricing world is advantageous
- Dynamic and charismatic, demonstrating ability to motivate others
- Must be hands on with technical ability to challenge others’ work
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Focused on delivery. Able to identify priority, dependency and overcome those with minimum guidance.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-product & cross-functional stakeholders to implement a common vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Must be a strong team player.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.