The Senior Research Analyst will provide support to the EMEA Chlor-alkali and Vinyls Market Advisory Services Team.
- Provides primary research for and ongoing analysis of the Chlor-alkali and derivatives markets as directed by the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Chlor-alkali Principal Analyst. Research includes, but is not limited to producer capacities, supply/demand balance information, trade data and balances, production costs, individual company analysis, consumption analysis and associated econometric modelling
- Under the direction of the EMEA Chlor-alkali Principal Analyst, interfaces with industry sources to assess market balances and relevant information regarding derivative markets
- Completes primary market dynamics and price discovery research for the KOH and HCl markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Updates pricing, operating rates, trade data and other related data in the econometric model, quarterly balances and other models to ensure accurate and timely EMEA data and charts completion for all CA MAS reports
- Stays current regarding Chlor-alkali and derivative project announcements and production developments and analyzes the associated short- to long-term market impacts
- Authors the EMEA KOH and HCl sections of the Mid-Month Price Page and Global Chlor-alkali report
- Continuously improves writing quality and effectiveness
- Collaborates with the EMEA Principal Chlor-alkali Analyst on short- and long-term supply/demand balances and price forecasts
- Promptly responds to internal and external client questions regarding KOH and HCl. Promptly responds to internal and external chlorine and caustic soda questions as directed by the EMEA Chlor-alkali Principal Analyst
- Collaboratively develops market presentations as directed by the EMEA Chlor-alkali Principal Analyst
- Presents at conferences, as appropriate
- Actively markets IHS Markit's Chemical capabilities
- Identifies new sales opportunities; contributes to business development and strategic planning
- At least 3 years work experience in chemicals or energy and including computer modelling experience
- University degree required; Chemical Engineering or Chemistry preferred; other Science Degrees or Economics will be considered
- Strong computer modelling and excel spreadsheet management skills. Proficient in the Microsoft Office Professional suite
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; ability to identify and concisely articulate core/essential issues within complex problems and deliver insights and solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluent in English. Writing samples required for consideration
- Outgoing personality; ability and willingness to establish and maintain personal relationships and develop high degree of trust at multiple levels within a client’s organization
- Accountability oriented and demonstrated “team player”; ability to internalize organizational strategy and objectives and provide peer leadership for collaborative success. Drives for action and results
- Demonstrated organized ability to research through established contacts with diverse market participant channels in telephone, email and face-to-face interfaces
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Deals well with ambiguity and contradiction
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.