Product Specialist: Strategy Indices
The Product specialist is a business development role which supports clients who develop passive investment strategies which rely on multi-asset indices. Product specialist brings experience from the field of structured products or quantitative investment strategy. Successful candidates will have client relationship skills and experience delivering under pressure.
Duties & accountabilities
- Act as the face to structured product traders to facilitate new index requests and changes. Support clients understanding of IAS capabilities.
- Act as a liaison between index development, operations, product management, and governance teams to facilitate client service delivery.
- Analyse requirements to support commercial proposals and project planning
- Provide expertise to support index committee discussions and act as the voice of the customer internally
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of new index products and enhancements of existing index products for clients
- Support user acceptance
- Write, revise, and edit documentation of support materials, marketing literature and policies to ensure relevance and effectiveness.
- Assist Product team in initiating projects, defining scope, assessing resources, creating plans and communicating at all levels.
- Advise data input sourcing teams on index product requirements, use and alternatives.
- Collaborate with partners to integrate capabilities and support value creation for clients.
- Support product and development teams in managing project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Liaise with clients, and operations to communicate operational issues
- Propose and champion product and business improvements based on outputs of post project reviews and day to day experiences
- Conduct competitive market analysis to determine commercial product strategy and opportunity size
Education and experience
- Experienced in structured products sales and/or quantitative trading strategies
- Experience with indices, analytics and market data
- Familiar with index governance, IOSCO principles and control frameworks
- Experience with Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Factset or other desktop vendors
- Expert with excel
- Experience with Python, MatLab or scripting languages a plus
- Graduate degree (MS, MBA) preferred.
- Understanding of general financial terms and principals required
- Interest in financial markets and transactions required.
- Experience with data and feeds desired
- Client relationship management skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines, Excellent estimating and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple clients/projects simultaneously
- Able to take ownership and coordinate joint responsibilities
- Competence in liaising with Clients, Product, Development and Operations stake holders.
- Able to facilitate meeting where required and drive action plans
- Take ownership of the programme of work, ensuring process, infrastructure and communication mechanisms are maintained.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.