IHS Market Base Chemical Insights is seeking an Associate Director who will be responsible for market analysis and coverage of the Benzene and Propylene derivative markets (specifically MDI/TDI/propylene oxide/polyols) markets across the Americas, in support of all IHS Market Chemical Market Advisory Services dedicated to these important markets.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Regular writing of Monthly and Annual reports describing polyurethane feedstocks markets - contract prices, margin analysis, supply demand and forecasts
- Construction and maintenance of short term and long term supply/demand models:
o updates to the capacity database
o update of quarterly supply/demand balances
o in cooperation with the global aromatics team, regular review of long term supply/demand balances used in published World Analyses and to meet the requirements of the IHS Markit Chemical Consulting Business.
- Construction and maintenance of econometric models which determine production cash costs and margins
- Construction of robust and defendable short term and long term price and margin forecasts
- Support existing clients with a focus on increasing IHS Markit Chemical’s exposure inside client organizations
- Continuous proactive marketing of related Market Advisory Services to meet annual growth goals:
o commercial focus to drive adoption of IHS Markit's Polyurethane feedstocks, Aromatics as well as MDI/TDI/PO World Analysis to meet specific goals.
o sales discussions to be facilitated with client visit programs where possible
o develop strong connections to relevant industry associations and build network of industry contacts.
o give market presentations at client meetings as well as IHS Markit Chemical and industry conferences.
- Provide written market analysis and reasoned forecasts to required Market Advisory Services.
- Provide support to the Chemicals Consulting Business for single client project work as required.
Qualifications - External
- Technical and commercial experience in the petrochemical markets, with a primary focus in benzene/aromatics and propylene derivatives. Experience in MDI/TDI/propylene oxide/polyols would be a distinct advantage.
o A thorough understanding of the Aromatics or Urethanes markets, and the key commercial drivers within the marketplace.
o A robust network of established marketplace contacts
o Experience may have been gained in production, conversion and / or distribution industries.
- A chemical engineering degree is an ideal qualification but otherwise a good technical or commercial degree will be accepted combined with industry knowledge.
- Must have excellent written / spoken English.
- Must be computer literate, conversant with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral). Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is necessary.
- Must be highly motivated, able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment.
- The location is the IHS Markit Houston offices and the candidate must be willing to travel frequently within North America and as necessary to other regions.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.