Position title - Principal/Associate Director SQA Engineer
Experience - 10 – 15 year
Location - Gurgaon
Reporting to - QA Manager / Lead
Department - Financial Markets Technology
The Quality Assurance team comprises of highly skilled and experienced testing professionals located in Europe and India. The team supports and ensures high quality of software in being responsible that software functionality conforms to business requirements using a combination of manual and technical testing techniques. The team is also responsible for verifying technical aspects of the implementation including the performance and scalability of the platform.
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced Automation Test Lead to join the India (Gurgaon) team. This position will involve being hands-on and has strong knowledge of automation and more specifically building test frameworks. We are seeking a candidate that can lead, provide thought leadership, work in an agile and collaborative manner that is passionate about technology. As a leading member of the QA team you should be able to define the next level of Test automation.
- You should have a proven experience in designing, configuring and implementing automation test frameworks.
- Proven experience is creating and deliver the Automation Test Strategy.
- Can guide and troubleshoot an established and high performing automation team.
- Solid experience in Test Automation Tool / Frameworks for example: Cucumber / Protractor.
- Solid experience in implementing CI/CD for Test automation suites preferably in AWS.
- Practical experience with Service Layer API Testing.
- Excellent programming skills, communication skills, systematic and creative problem-solving skills.
This position will involve a hands-on test build /execution role where the creative inspiration can fuel BIG Innovation.
Duties & accountabilities
- Work with the QA Manager to meet automation test requirements to the highest standards.
- Design Automation test strategies, test frameworks based on user requirements.
- Help and assist other products with technical choices and define the next level for the present technical solutions.
- Candidate should possess a motivating attitude and be passionate about building great automation solutions.
- Experience of writing automated tests for APIs Rest or gRPC.
- Experience of working with Node Package Manager.
- Experience of working with source control systems like (Git Hub) or equivalent and working alongside a Development team.
- Experience of working with Cucumber to run automated acceptance tests written in a behaviour-driven development (BDD) style.
- Understanding of how to write test cases which are concise and readable using Gherkin.
- Understanding of what can make end-to-end tests fragile / brittle, and what techniques make for more resilient and low-maintenance end-to-end tests.
- Ability to talk with Developers, Product Specialists and raise any issues encountered in creating tests for the application to find the best solution, rather than operating with a silo mentality.
- Knowledge and experience of OMS Systems and financial markets
- Using TypeScript.
- Business Driven Development methodology (BDD).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
- Knowledge and awareness of Non-Functional performance testing.
Education and experience
- A technical graduate.
- Solid technical background in implementing object-oriented systems.
- Experience with advanced programming.
- Should be able to produce cost benefit analysis around automation solutions being proposed (desirable or knowledge of)
- Savings gained through automation of test assets.
- Self-Starter and able to drive change in the business.
- Able to provide regular progress and status updates on your development tasks to your manager and peers.
- Manage and track progress of ongoing items you depend on.
- Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail.
- Sound desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Great verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to report accurate test status and progress to the QA manager and other stakeholders.
- Ability to present & demonstrate changes.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with development and project team members globally to deliver high quality solutions to aggressive time frames.
- Great Team Player.
- To support your passion for quality assurance and attention to detail and with your passionate desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools you will be given the necessary training and support on a complex product to enable you to work both independently and as a key member of a team.
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.