IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defence, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
• Provide technical and procedural support and guidance to junior and Tier 1 colleagues.
• Provide high level technical support, dealing with complex issues and implementing smart solutions to nonstandard problems.
• Take ownership of issues, escalate issues as appropriate and work with escalation points through to resolution.
• Participate in standard procedure creation and maintenance, contribute to Knowledge base.
• Participation in out of hour’s work and on-call rota as required.
• Work in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable to continuous change and responsibilities, and work out of different physical office locations when required.
• Under guidance, participate as part of a project team to provide technical support, resolve issues and plan for assigned IT functions.
• Continuously strive to improve, support and identify opportunities to increase efficiency and expand services.
Duties & accountabilities:
• Provide user support both face-to-face and over the telephone.
• Undertake Client Workstation builds (including the configuration of both OS and applications) plus ongoing support.
• Maintain the networked printers.
• Deal with virus issues on workstations and other security specific issues.
• Use client management tools to support PC and laptop environment.
• Utilise the call tracking system for recording all IT issues.
• Prioritise Incident tickets and resolve according to SLA, while performing duties on other Service Requests and Infrastructure project work.
• Ensure assets are recorded and tracked.
• Provide remote support to other offices where possible.
• Provide support for Executive Video and Audio Conferences.
• Occasional travel to other offices to provide onsite support when required.
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
• ITIL foundation holder preferred (v.2 or v.3) or ITIL Service Desk and Incident management process awareness,
• Fluent in English Language spoken and written.
• 3 years + of general experience in one or more of an IT Functions
• IT Service Desk experience required, in Windows Desktop and Server environment.
• Exposure to Financial environment advantageous.
• MCP/CCENT desirable.
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a project team, foster team cooperation.
• Technical, in-depth Knowledge of Windows 7/10 operating systems.
• Technical, in-depth Knowledge of Office 365/2016 and below
• Knowledge of CRM systems such as ServiceNow or Jira
• Use of remote support tools such as Bomgar/Goverlan.
• Worked with patch management and software deployment using SCCM \ Altris or similar
• Active Directory and Exchange, administration and technologies.
• Strong TCP/IP and network supporting protocols (DNS, DHCP, etc).
• Mobile support, Blackberry\IPhones\Android handhelds and BES.
• Remote Access/VPN (Cisco IPSec/Any connect/Pulse Secure).
• Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs
• Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).