What IHS’s Perception Team is Looking For:
You will be part of a team that works with senior management, Investor Relations, and the Board of Directors of publicly traded companies. The purpose of our work is to provide actionable intelligence that helps companies better understand and effectively respond to the needs of its shareholders and sell-side analysts, as well as foster stronger relationships with the capital markets. Perception Research and Analysis also provides valuable insight into the key factors and concerns that drive investment decisions and sell-side ratings.
Perception reports contain both quantitative and qualitative analyses, and are delivered as Board-quality presentations with detailed results and key excerpts from telephone conversations with analysts and portfolio managers. Ipreo's perception team presents study findings and provides consultative recommendations for the investor communication strategy.
This position is multi-faceted and requires written proficiency in English, verbal communications skills, research skills, and a basic knowledge of the financial markets. Successful analysts on the IHS Perception Team are organized, detail-oriented, and self-starters.
You will be part of a dynamic team split across Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, London, and Cape Town, South Africa, and your primary responsibilities will include:
* Actively following the capital markets and researching companies in order to be up-to-date on current financial events and well-versed about multiple industries
* Conducting in-depth telephone interviews with buy-side analysts, portfolio managers, and sell-side analysts
* Transcribing audio tapes of telephone interviews using proper business language
* Organizing data in Excel to create graphs that illustrate findings in a quantitative format
* Interpreting, analyzing, and outlining key findings in a cohesive, written summary
* Developing strategic recommendations to improve investor communications
* Directly engaging with clients to deliver report findings and provide advisory on implementation
* Basic understanding of/experience with the capital markets
* Comfortable with financial language and terms
* Strong analytical skills and writing ability
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* High level of attention to detail and time management
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
* Proactive, innovative attitude
* Comfortable speaking with senior level executives and investment professionals
* Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
* Quick to learn new software
* Bachelor Degree, preferably in Finance, Business, or Economics
* Experience of 0-3 years
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.