What you’ll work on:
This role will work in an Agile structure apart of the Corporate Product Build team. The incumbent will act as a Product Owner of scrum team/s. You will learn, understand and lead the transformation of business and user requirements into a clear project plan of Epics & User stories, in order to educate and provide focused direction to the scrum team/s. Ensuring high quality development and added value for the end users.
Role responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with subject matter experts to understand and define the project roadmap and vision
- Over time work with subject matter experts and end users to develop a strong understanding of their requirements, objectives & business domain
- Work effectively with and leverage all project stakeholders to create a successful environment for the team
- Manage communications and expectations around your project for internal stakeholders
- Serve as the Product Owner
- Develop vision for the product, acting as “the voice of the user”
- Manage the goals and objectives of the product
- Work to deliver high quality releases
- Develop Epics and work to break them down into Features and User Stories
- Help team on a daily basis to remove blockers, answer questions about stories, etc.
- Produce and maintain high quality user documentation
- Ensure requirements align with company goals and the product roadmap
- Drive and champion agile methodologies that contribute to the success of the scrum team/project.
- Work with wider product team to support and improve our internal processes and communications
What we look for:
- Enthusiasm for creating great products that people will love
- Strong understanding and experience of Agile/Scrum principles
- Ability to break down technical issues into easily digestible data points for stakeholder consumption
- Experience of working on data logic or data analysis projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels including senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work in group and individual settings
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.