The main responsibility of the Senior Executive, Business Development, is to generate sales revenues within the Automotive “FIN” (Finance, Insurance & Niche) business line by proactively identifying, qualifying and closing new business. He/she is accountable for identifying prospective customers, comprehensive account penetration, and establishing strong relationships with decision makers within the customer’s organization. The position includes an existing book of business with a strong focus on new logo acquisitions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Able to sell solutions rather than products and have the ability to quickly identify and answer customer pain points
- Work effectively and efficiently with internal product teams, account management teams, Marketing and Sales Operations.
- Prepare and confidently deliver in person presentations to senior audience, including VP and C-level decision makers
- Effectively utilize provided sales enablement tools as well as provided sales reporting and CRM platforms. Consistently and frequently maintain sales activity in provided CRM platform as well as opportunity pipeline status.
- Ability to quickly identify deal size and prospect's decision-making power to prioritize opportunity in pipeline
- BA or BS Degree
- Minimum of 8+ years of selling into financial accounts (buy-side, sell-side, private equity, etc.…)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to understand prospect workflow, strategy and objective to provide solution based approach for successful outcome.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Strong analytical and time-management skills
- Flexibility to travel on a frequent basis to coverage responsibility (approximately 30% travel)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high energy, fast-paced environment
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.