IHS Markit is a dynamic organization, bringing some of the brightest minds from all over the world together. By continuously asking ‘what if’, we deliver impactful, real-world analytics and intelligence for industries and markets all around the world. IHS Markit automotive solutions delivers un-paralleled data-driven solutions and services spanning the entire value chain, from concept design to sales, marketing and the after-market. Automakers, suppliers and dealers rely on our 800+ auto experts spanning 14 countries to understand and take action on global and local opportunities, risk, regulation and the disruptive impact of technology and ‘big data’.
· This Consultant position supports the delivery of bespoke client projects as part of IHS Markit’s Automotive Advisory Services Practice. The automotive industry is facing disruptive changes such as new technologies (i.e. electric vehicles and connected cars), digitization and e-commerce, as well as new mobility concepts such as car sharing. These mega trends affect the way manufacturers and importers plan their dealer networks for the future.
· Dealer Network Planning projects help automotive manufacturers to optimize their dealer location footprint, market coverage and sales penetration, under the consideration of industry trends, diversified retail formats and an omni-channel marketing approach which includes online and offline customer touchpoints.
· In this role you will work independently or as part of an international team to analyse various datasets and create geographical analyses in the location planning context.
· You will be involved in the delivery of the full service, from data collection and market analysis, building ideal location recommendations, creation of reports, project management and presentation of study results.
· The ability to develop statistical analysis methods and meaningful metrics that solve client business issues is a must.
· You should bring passion for data analytics and willingness to learn. Automotive experience would be helpful, although we are more interested in your dealer network optimization or retail location planning experience
· You should have some experience with SQL databases, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and GIS software (preferably ESRI).
· Alongside your data analysis skills, you’ll also bring the ability to manage clients and maintain high client satisfaction.
· Excellent English language skills are mandatory.
· A degree in Applied Geography, Geomatics, Applied Statistics, Business Informatics, or similar.
In return, we can offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, an international and multi-cultural environment, and flexible working hours, including work-from-home days. When you’re working in an industry as diverse as ours, with our work’s scale and scope, incredible potential and opportunities are always within reach. Our size and reputation mean you have the space, resources and support to keep developing your skills and grow your career.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).