The Corporate Development, Marketing, Communications and Sustainability team is responsible for the IHS Markit brand, creative services, corporate events, social media, diversity and inclusion, and corporate sustainability.
The successful role-holder will be someone who can develop strong and trusted relationships with our senior leaders across the world. Can work and deliver in a fast paced environment that can change direction at any moment.
You will need to be able to exercise sound judgment and work collaboratively with the team. Resilient and flexible, the role-holder will be comfortable with complexity and be able to work in a global environment. This role requires a calm, rational disposition, good sense of humour and the ability to move ahead without too much supervision.
Duties & accountabilities
- Manage diversity council – schedule monthly meetings, reporting, awards submissions, working with forums, developing success stories, find and encourage champions; share knowledge and success stories
- Manage brand committee – schedule monthly meetings, reporting, style guide, naming conventions
- Manage (with the internal communications team) the oversight of build a new company intranet – developing user experience, content, editorial process, launch and measurement
- Manage site leader program - devising a program that improves two way communications with local colleagues and gather insight that helps the internal communications team to improve engagement across the firm.
- Manage social fund program - liaise with site leaders and social teams to keep track of budgets and define best practice
- Manage team budget, payments and monitoring
- Work with colleagues in the broader team to develop and align messages across the board and contribute to the wider forward-planning process of the team
- Play a key role in the culture program – creating a high performing culture that brings the organisation together and creates a sense of purpose and excitement about the future
Education and experience
- Intermediate to advanced level in Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Proven record of strong writing skills.
- Proactive ability to combine strategic thinking with a demonstrable track record of developing and delivering communication programs in a fast-moving environment
Bring innovative and creative thinking to the table
- Strong sense of how to add true value, making a solid contribution to the success of the business
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to deal well with ambiguity, working adeptly with leaders to effectively articulate messages that may be sensitive, unclear or still evolving
- The ability to influence stakeholders and act as an ambassador for the office of the CEO
- High quality written and verbal communication skills in fluent English
- Credible in stakeholder management, relationship-building and the ability to manage senior stakeholders as clients, without losing sight of the big-
- A strong team player, who is used to working collaboratively get picture
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.