The Global Construction Outlook group at IHS Markit is a fast-growing, dynamic team that provides decision-critical forecasts and analysis on the global construction market.Participate in producing the quarterly Global Construction forecast.
- Assume responsibility for researching, add-factoring, forecasting and writing for the Global Construction forecasts.
- Assume lead responsibility for releasing the quarterly forecast files. Maintain, update and expand the forecast files including history/drivers/graphics/charts needed for written analysis and presentations.
- Keep forecast files up to date and in synch with those of related services.
- Run forecast files and assist with add-factoring process, bringing in relevant high frequency leading indicators to guide the “nowcast”. Perform quality checks on data.
- Perform quality checks on forecast, comparing data to national statistics, making sure totals are equal to sum of component pieces, etc.
- Write/update country articles.
- Peer edit articles written by other team members
- Other product deliverables
- Monitor Same Day Analysis reports for construction related articles.
- Create and maintain an inventory of useful sites such as National Statistics sites, National Budgets, etc.
- Collect and maintain data used to create the sector shares, high frequency indicators, etc.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for webcasts and IHSM forum events.
- Play key role in re-estimating model equations for the GCO.
- Play key role in developing a new model for forecasting top-line construction spending for developing countries.
- Act as key contact with clients to provide support and answer questions about the forecasts and data.
- Support sales team in product demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in economics or other quantitative field and 2-4 years’ related experience.
- Strong quantitative and modeling skills.
- Knowledge of econometric software.Experience with EViews preferred.
- Experience reading and writing programming code.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Familiarity with national accounts data.
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.