General Job Duties
Specific Job Duties
- Work with project team and internal customers to establish and understand requirements.
- Responsible for front-end development of highly dynamic web-based applications by following best practice coding standards, appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts.
- Participate in the software development process as defined by the Agile Scrum process. This includes participating in the requirements gathering process. Experience with Rally Software is a plus.
- Develop within the established continuous integration framework using the IHS tool set. This can also include augmenting the framework to support an individual project needs.
- Experience in applying REST APIs and JSON services a plus.
- Highly versed in HTML5 and CSS technologies (including CSS libraries like Bootstrap)
- Experience with cross-browser optimization (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari).
- Demonstrated ability to create a software design and develop software based on an agreed upon architecture
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Professional certification as warranted.
- Reports directly to senior manager or director although will take majority of direction from team lead which may be a Principal Solutions Architect.
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.