Location: Englewood, CO
Overview: The Senior Accountant of Finance Projects and M&A is responsible for assisting with finance projects driving operational efficiency and effectiveness, and the accounting and integration related to the acquisitions and divestitures of businesses.
- Manage the full finance project lifecycle from project initiation to close and serve as a representative of finance initiatives, including the following:
- Lead cross-functional teams through the process of discovery, design and implementation.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Create detailed project plans and schedules.
- Prepare, manage, and report on overall project schedule and budget to appropriate managerial levels.
- Lead day-to-day project activities required to deliver a quality solution on time.
- Create and maintains comprehensive project documentation; tracks progress and performance on initiatives.
- Assist with the accounting and integration related to the acquisitions and divestitures of businesses, including the following:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the M&A deal process
- Assist in finance due diligence, preparation of closing and opening balance sheets, purchase accounting, and post-close accounting and purchase price adjustments for acquisition targets
- Assist with the work of specialists in valuation services, communicate with internal and external audit as needed to support compliance efforts.
- Support accounting integration and consolidation, including assisting in integration of accounting systems and accounting policies and procedures and internal controls
- Coordinate monthly financial reporting, balance sheet review and intercompany processing for acquisitions and divestitures. Prepare and review account reconciliations including intercompany, cash, payroll and other ledger items on a periodic basis.
- Manage and ensure compliance with internal review control for acquisitions and divestitures and perform the necessary procedures and documentation.
- Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes and controls.
- Build relationships across multiple teams within IHS Markit to foster a collaborative and productive working relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 4 - 5+ years of accounting experience; ‘Big 4’ accounting experience strongly preferred
- Experience in a mergers & acquisitions environment is preferred
- Strong project management capabilities with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete work in an efficient and accurate manner
- Demonstrated experience and success in working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to think critically, complete accounting and financial analysis, managing multiple projects concurrently, with minimal oversight
- Must be highly organized, efficient and have supreme attention to detail and financial accuracy
- Must have experience tracking down information and data, at a very granular level of detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to keep the larger Accounting team apprised of integration efforts and impacts to responsibilities
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work under competing demands
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.