IHS Markit is a leading advisor on global energy markets. Our expertise covers all major energy sectors on a global and regional basis - from oil and refined products, natural gas and coal, to electricity and renewable power. A leading research and consulting business, our client list spans major players in global energy, including production companies, financial institutions, and service companies.
- Perform hands-on analysis for IHS Markit Latin America research team addressing the full spectrum of power sector issues in Mexico: supply, demand, pricing, market analysis, technology, costs, and investment strategies.
- Develop, design, and implement research activities, including generating data, analysis, and insights in support of retainer reports, multi-client studies, site visits, consulting projects, and client presentations.
- Articulate key power sector issues including financing, technical challenges, regulations, investment environment, and markets outlook via written reports and presentations.
- Create and maintain databases as necessary to support analysis and modeling of topics such as power supply, demand, price, finance, and corporate strategy.
- Support and contribute to the continued flow of crucial thought-leading research papers on developments in the Mexican power market and in cross-sectoral issues.
- Process, synthesize and integrate diverse inputs at an advanced level to create organized and user-friendly databases and support accurate, insightful, and in-depth retainer research.
- Provide analytic support to the Latin America, North American, and IHS Markit Global Energy Scenarios research teams and contribute to multi-client studies and consulting projects covering the energy industry.
- Interface with other experts in the region to ensure consistency in IHS Markit’s research across different markets and functional areas.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, briefings, and other public outreach that will demonstrate IHS Markit expertise in natural gas issues in Mexico and contribute to expanding IHS Markit’s customer base for consulting and subscription services.
- Engage with IHS Markit colleagues on sales, marketing, research, and management teams to develop and contribute to commercial strategies to expand IHS Markit’s client base in Mexico and the region.
As a Research Analyst, Mexico Power, you will function as a core member of the Mexico Climate and Sustainability team to produce quality analysis to create reports, consulting deliverables, and client-facing events.
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience in using structured methods and data analysis to derive research insights and messages.
- Capable of carrying out detailed analysis and able to build market fundamentals models.
- Highly organized, creative, and proactive to ensure deadlines are met consistently with high quality output.
- Effective interpersonal skills to enable communication and collaboration with colleagues and clients.
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and to navigate in a matrix organization.
- An effective verbal and written communicator in English and Spanish.
- Minimum qualifications are bachelor’s degree in economics or engineering preferably related to power sector. Post graduate degree a plus (preferably in economics or engineering or finance).
- Minimum of three years of experience in energy markets and at least 1-2 years’ experience of maintaining and developing large models of complex power systems and an understanding of power dispatch and demand modelling.
- Knowledge and experience of third-party power dispatch software, such as Plexos and Aurora and advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and VBA is preferred.
- Good knowledge of programming languages and PowerBI and/or Tableau, is a plus.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.