Automotive Electronics Senior Analyst
The IHS Markit Automotive - Supply Chain and Technology team is in search of a Senior Research Analyst – Automotive Electronics with a strong focus on ADAS /Autonomy and E/E Architectures in India.
General Job Duties
Track roadmap of automotive OEMs with regard to Autonomy/ADAS and Electronics Architectures (E/E)
- Deployment of ADAS sensors by Autonomy Level
- Deployment of Autonomy applications by region and by vehicle segment
- Deployment of new E/E architectures (domain based, zonal architectures)
- Deployment of BUS technologies e.g. Ethernet
Track product roadmap of Tier 1 suppliers for Autonomy/ADAS sensors, and across domain for Domain Controllers and gateways
- Current portfolio with benchmarking of key specs
- Future product announcements
- Public design wins
- SWOT analysis of Tier 1 suppliers
- Cost analysis for sensor technology
Track regulatory changes with regard to Autonomy/ADAS
- Current regulatory roadmaps by region
- Future regulatory change announcements
- Impact analysis
The analyst will collect the data with a mix of:
- Interviews with OEMs and Tier 1 (joint interviews with regional and domain analyst colleagues)
- Desk research: product portfolio, proceeding from conferences
- Automotive specific data tools: repair manuals, wiring diagrams
- Visit industry events, exhibitions, conferences
- Collaboration with other analysts by region and by domain at IHS Markit
Other tasks include:
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts within IHS Markit to ensure timely, consistent and accurate flow of crucial thought-leading research on topics related to the area of focus. The analyst will work closely with the other analysts in APAC, EMEA and Americas covering ADAS/Autonomy and E/E architectures and semiconductors.
- Present findings/data via webinars and at conferences/tradeshows/client events
- Nurture a network of contacts at automotive and semiconductor companies
- Contribute to consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working in collaboration with consulting project leaders, providing subject matter expertise in area of focus, and performing various activities to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
- Respond in a timely manner to clients’ research-related inquiries of various complexity in area of focus by providing deep subject matter expertise and timely insight, utilizing resources and judgement to address questions, and/or refer questions to senior level staff.
- Directly support local sales team to secure renewals and new business
- 5 to 10+ years of experience in either automotive electronics at an OEM, a Tier 1 or a semiconductor supplier or at a market research firm with technical focus (automotive or electronics/semiconductor).
- Business or technical graduate degree. Electrical engineering degree is an advantage
- Demonstrated analytical and data interpretation skills
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful but not essential (e.g. Access, SQL)
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization, and relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally.
- Strong presentations skills and comfortable in client interactions a plus
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.