in Maritime and Trade at IHS Markit provide users with the ability to see where every ship is in the world with knowledge of where it comes from, goes to and details on who owns and operates that ship. We can also show what cargo is being moved in volume and value and the key people in the supply chain. Governments, Ship operators, port authorities, financials and cargo owners use our services to optimise supply chains, review operational activity and evaluate market positions
We are looking for a skillful and passionate Data Analytics Software Engineer to join the IHS Markit Maritime and Trade Team. You will be a key member of the Maritime & Trade Product Development and Delivery in Gdańsk.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design and develop key data processing and analytics components in projects with significant business impact for Maritime & Trade business line
• Develop and maintain backend applications that integrate with various data storage technologies.
• Review existing data processing solutions and implement cost-effective and cloud-optimized alternatives.
• Work in a team environment using Agile practices and methods (Kanban/Scrum)
• Work with internal customers to understand requirement better and adjust the design accordingly
• Have a chance to learn analytical algorithms and ML solutions
• Solve problems through dialog with other team members
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• High analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience working with Spark/Hadoop or other data processing frameworks
• Working level knowledge of AWS/Azure/GCP
• Familiarity with Docker
• Good knowledge about common design patterns, especially around data intensive applications
• Full project life-cycle experience in Python
• Familiarity with database/distributed storage concepts
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Fluent knowledge of Polish and good knowledge of English
Nice to have:
• AWS Experience
• SQL, Data Warehouses
• Apache Kafka, Amazon Kinesis
• Familarity with DevOps concepts (Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD) is a plus
What we offer
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.