About IHS Markit, Private Capital Markets:
Private Capital Markets division empowers private capital market participants to control their data more effectively. Whether it is for portfolio assessment, valuations, investor reporting, or on-demand insight into operating metrics of a specific asset, IHS Markit Private Capital Markets is the platform of choice.
What’s in it for you:
Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Lead, design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable front end application to be hosted on AWS
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Providing support for our application, working closely with product and account management teams
- Work with Product Owner to translate business requirements into technical designs
- Assisting the Product Management group in specifying requirements into technical requirements
- Actively participate in research, discussions and decisions on software architecture, development processes, and other standards
- Manage and mentor software team, grow its members through thought leadership, technical and career advancement to consistently up-level the team
- Actively participate in our Scrum process: Standups, Refinements, Planning, Retrospectives, Demos
Education and Experience
- Candidates must have a strong IT educational background to degree level or equivalent. Must have professional experience of working as part of a team on product-focused software projects, including experience of complex software design, documentation, and implementation.
- 10+ years’ experience on professional software development and 6+ years on front end technologies
- Commercial experience and deep understanding of React and its fundamentals
- Strong distributed systems knowledge and web services design, implementation, and/or operation experience
- Experience CI/CD pipelines
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis
- Familiarity with stateless RESTful Architecture
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Knowledge of OpenFin, FDC3, AWS and Azure DevOps would be advantageous
- Knowledge of C# would be useful
- Advanced Knowledge of OOP/OOD, Design patterns
- Integration technologies, especially with Web Services and Microservices
- Lead a team of UI developers at organizational / project level on a strategic initiative
- Good understanding of investment management across all asset types and geographies is an advantage
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with colleagues at all levels and external clients
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to clearly communicate the nature of a software
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized, able to multi-task, and have positive attitude to achieve deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A genuine enjoyment of writing software
- The department employs many talented people who all work together. The candidate must be able to fit into this structure and communicate with both business and technical people. The development team has a particularly close working relationship with the testing and support teams and effective appropriate communication is key to this.
- A team player who is comfortable working at all levels of the business and with external clients
- Proven ability to work individually, and in a team environment which spans multiple geographical regions.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.