About IHS Markit, Thinkfolio:
Thinkfolio is a cross-asset investment management platform that helps customers Elevate decision support and drive operational efficiencies.
Customers can implement thinkFolio as a single, integrated investment management platform that supports their entire front office. Due to the flexible, modular design of thinkFolio, they also have the option of deploying the platform for specific use cases and assets classes, including fixed income, cash management and FX or loans.
What’s in it for you:
IHSM, Thinkfolio is seeking a hand’s on and experienced, self-driven, Lead DevOps Engineer who is passionate about delivering high-value, high-impact solutions to the world’s most demanding, high-profile clients. Candidate should have experience with developing and deploying native cloud-based solutions, possess a passion for container-based technologies, immutable infrastructure, and continuous delivery practices in deploying global software.
What you’ll work on:
- Drive complete devops practice from India, partner with global technical / devops teams, contributing into and drive devops implementation and strategy.
- Engage with development teams to document and implement best practice (low maintenance) cloud-native solutions for new products
- Design and implement service management best practice in conjunction with the Cloud Working Group to meet the needs of AWS and cloud-native products
- Development of automation, tooling and monitoring solutions to improve supportability and reduce maintenance overhead
- Support application infrastructure to ensure platform is optimized for performance and reliability
- Define and measure key performance metrics, utilizing Data Intelligence
- Implement AWS account maintenance and security best practice including cost monitoring (as defined by the Cloud Working Group)
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes i.e. containerization, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring etc.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration in IaaS / PaaS / SaaS models Deployment, maintenance and support of enterprise applications into AWS including (but not limited to) Route53, ELB, VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, SQS
- Strong experience with SQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Experience of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing containerization (Docker)
- Good understanding of CloudFormation (or similar ‘Infrastructure as Code’ technologies) Solid understanding of cloud security models and best practices - Good understanding of modern CI/CD methods and approaches
- Create infrastructure and environments to support our platforms and applications using CloudFormation, Terraform and related technologies to ensure all our environments are controlled and consistent.
- Experience of networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components and their application to cloud (AWS) environments. Hands-on AWS Cloud Computing experience preferred
- Support, monitor, maintain and improve our infrastructure and the live running of our applications
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Certified Development Program
- 8+ years as Software Developer, Systems Engineer, or DevOps Engineer
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Docker, CloudFormation, Terraform or an equivalent
- Strong distributed systems knowledge and web services design, implementation, and/or operation experience
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD pipeline
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis
- Familiarity with stateless RESTful Architecture
- Hands on experience in the following:
- AWS Services such as EC2, S3, IAM, RDS and CloudWatch
- Windows/Linux environments
- SQL Server/PostgreSQL
- Python Scripting
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment, and can work independently
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Experience in HTTP2, RabbitMQ, Consul, Ansible
- Integration technologies, especially with Web Services and Microservices
- Experience using tools such as PowerShell, Octopus Deploy, TFS, Splunk
- Experience working in a global team
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.