*This will be a remote position*
Applies specialized knowledge in Microsoft Power BI, Flow and Azure Analysis Services to conceptualize, design, develop, unit-test, configure, and implement portions of new or enhanced (upgrades or conversions) business and technical software solutions through application of appropriate standard software development life cycle methodologies and processes. Interacts with the Client and project roles (e.g., Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Engineer) as required, to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction. Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned components. Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and or technical problems. Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project parameters. Prepares system documentation. Conforms to security and quality standards. Stays current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Core team member of a high-performance business analytics and executive performance management team that translates business information into business value to achieve corporate business goals and objectives
- Develop, deploy, manage, and support advanced analytic and business performance management solutions for executive leadership teams
- Document requirements and translate into proper system requirements specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
- Develop visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
- Execute and coordinate requirements management and change management processes. Participates as a member of and leads development teams.
- Designs units for others.
- Completes development to implement complex components.
- Designs solutions for others to develop.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Leads design activities and provides mentoring and guidance to developers.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
- Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Power BI and Power App development).
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
- Consults with team members and other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically, a technical bachelors degree or equivalent experience and 3 years of related experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 or more years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, VB.Net.
- 2 or more years programming in one of the following: Python, Java, C++, C#,
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies.
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles.
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
- Data engineering, analytics and systems subject matter expert on financial, workforce and operational systems for technology services business desired.
- Experience in multiple solution development methodologies and participation in a fast paced, Dev/Ops environment
- Drives the construction of highly innovative statistical and financial models to analyze new aspects of business performance.
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance and recommends the go-forward strategy to address performance gaps.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.