Title: Solutions Analysts (SA)
Reports To: The Global Operations Director who reports to the VP of Product Management - Senior Vice President of Engineering & Product Design.
Vertical Focus: Auto, Aerospace and Defense, Construction, Industrial and Manufacturing, Medical, Oil and Gas, High Tech.
Summary of Role:
IHS Markit is an industry leader in providing subscription-based access to critical engineering content to customers across multiple industries from Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Aerospace, Automotive and many more. Our clients include some of the largest engineering companies in the world. These clients depend upon IHS Markit to provide the best solution to drive their business forward. The role of the Sales Engineer is to identify the best solution for the customer, develop business cases to drive customer investment, and support the sales team to close the deal. The successful candidate will use their experience in sales support to guide our sales teams and customers to the right solution. In this role, the candidate will manage assigned projects from start-to-finish, supporting sales which will include discovery work, evaluation, configuration of solutions, peer analysis, recommendations and day to day support. You will be involved in discovery work conversations with sales to support meetings with our customers to meet the needs and objectives. You will be expected to support and ensure that projects are completed on-time and within the competitive budgets.
General Job Duties:
The Solutions Analyst assists Account Managers in all aspects of the selling process. Sales support activities include:
· Understanding the knowledge management needs of our customers’ Engineering, Support and IT organizations
· Partnering with Account Management to identify new potential prospects
· Developing proposals tailored to specific engineering related vertical markets
· Supporting Account Management colleagues with technical sales enablement and on-boarding
· Monitoring industry competitors, applying competitive intelligence to sales campaigns and sharing findings internally
Specific Job Duties:
· Support sales with deep industry knowledge
· Understand customer workflows and process within the industry
· Use knowledge to discover customer pain points and demands
· Can adapt and think quickly whilst processing information
· Assist sales to hit aggressive growth targets
· Ability to be creative with solutions within the constraints of our contracts and customer objectives/budgets.
· 3+ years in consultative sales support role ideally with knowledge management
· Good knowledge of engineering, manufacturing and supporting processes
· Proven track record as a sales support representative working in a fast-paced company with sales teams with high and aggressive sales targets.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering; mechanical, electrical, manufacturing or related fields preferable
· Self-motivated with the ability to drive sales growth
· Excellent presentation skills for IHS Markit internal audiences.
· Strong expertise with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
· Excellent client relations and client management skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in support of strategic and large value accounts
· Experience with engineering tools such as CAD, PLM and document systems such as Documentum, SharePoint, preferable.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.