Are you an independent, detailed and analytical thinker? Do you enjoy problem solving and working under high work volume environment?
We’re looking for a Senior Accounts Receivable Analysts, within the Accounts Receivable team to:
You will be working in the Accounts Receivable team in Penang which consists of Collection and Cash team. The Collection team is responsible for APAC collection activities and the Cash team support the cash function for US and EMEA regions.
· a degree of Accounting / Finance or any other related academic qualifications.
· 2-4 years of Finance / Collections / Customer Service or related experience, including accounting and / or bookkeeping. • Recent (1-3 years) AR or AP knowledge preferred.
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including knowledge of pivot tables and lookups, are a must.
· SAP knowledge is preferred.
· Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
· Strong mathematical, analytical and reasoning skills when presented with special projects, problems and requests which require decision making and action.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
· Must be able to perform high work volume with minimal errors and supervision.
· Ability to communicate courteously and proactively with all levels within the company.
· Acts independently to accomplish assignments.
· Decides when to escalate issues as needed.
· Performs administrative, professional and/or technical duties that are more complex. May handle situations that could require some deviation from standard procedures in response to difficult issues.
· Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of job related tools and applications.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial documents and customer requests.
We are happy to consider requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of working from home are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what’s next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world’s most influential companies. You’ll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.