What we do:
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients. Markit Digital Development teams use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our customers. With a dedication to continual improvement, our team members challenge themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. Our products benefit millions of users across the world and are designed from the ground up to deliver content efficiently and effectively. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology and are committed to continually improving within this model.
What you'll do at Markit Digital:
The Senior Product Owner develops, communicates and helps to lead Product Owners within the organization to fulfill the needs across various agile teams. The Senior Product Owner helps to define and drive forward our client’s project roadmaps. The ideal candidate will be one who leads by example, has extensive experience as a product owner, is able to build strong relationships with our clients, is focused on fostering growth with our clients and internal teams, can communicate clearly across management lines, has a solid financial background, and demonstrates true passion for the role
How you'll do it at Markit Digital:
• Provide leadership within our Client Solutions team
• Liaisons closely with Client Solution Group Directors and across our organization
• Ensure client health, retention, stability and delight for a client or set of clients
• Showcase Markit Digital innovation and identify strategies to leverage these opportunities
• Work with clients to define their digital strategy and collaborate on how to best achieve their long-term goals/vision and translate into a delivery plan
• Conducts & documents competitive analysis - through collaborative work with Business Development and Design team members
• Partner with Business Development to bring new opportunities from proposal through activation
• Drive client business objectives and ensures we are meeting our business commitments
• Understand project risks and works with the team to implement remediation strategies as well as ensuring appropriate visibility internally
• Make recommendations to the team and client as needed, such as: roll-out strategy
• Ensure we meet contractual obligations to the client, such as: SLAs, reporting requirements
• Lead yearly/quarterly client reviews
• Stakeholder in the outcome of the team (particularly relating to client needs & expectations)
Skills and Experience:
• Native Spanish-speaking capabilities, including technical and financial specialties
• Minimum 5 years experience in Scrum and Agile
• Minimum 5 years Product Owner experience working in SaaS environment
• Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
• Thorough understanding of how to interpret business and technical needs and translate them into themes, epics and user stories
• In-depth understanding of Agile process and principles
• Outstanding communication, presentation, leadership and relationship building skills
• Ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Passion and curiosity to thrive in innovative, collaborative, fast paced environment
• Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
• Strong attention to detail
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.