· Job Description
Headquartered in Dallas, TX, Markit WSO specializes in providing software and services that increase the efficiency and accuracy of trading, tracking and managing syndicated bank loans, high yield bonds, and equities.
Wall Street Office is a suite of products designed to make the management of portfolios and structured deals a more efficient and effective process. This comprehensive system is used to manage more than $1 trillion in assets and provides immediate access to real-time data in over 150 standard reports. Straight-through processing, from trading to tracking through reporting, allows our clients to utilize one solution for all their portfolio management needs. Functionality tailored to the asset types found in structured deals as well as compliance reporting specific to each structure allows our clients to spend their time maximizing the performance of their portfolios
The WSO developer is responsible to use legacy & leading edge technologies, development practices, SQL standards to effectively manage and promote WSO position as a leader in the design, delivery and management of WSO applications & web sites. Developers are responsible effective time management and the communication necessary to maintain a collaborative team environment that will delight WSO internal and external clients.
Duties & accountabilities
· Learn and use WSO technologies stack and methods.
· Develop XML reports using SQL/ PLSQL, TSQL scripts, schema design on SQ server
· Develop C# scripting to compliment PL/SQL
· Develop and maintain code basis.
· Develop, review, test and debug code.
· Adhere to best practices that enhance user experience, usability and scalability. Contribute to the development and maintenance of reusable standards and libraries.
· Explore new development practices, web standards, and interactive displays and message their discoveries to the team and employ them on projects where appropriate.
· Actively learn Syndicate Loan concepts and WSO data
· Technical skills:
§ T-SQL and/or MS Access – basic understanding of SELECT/INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE
o Nice to have:
§ C# .NET
§ VB .NET
§ T-SQL – intermediate concepts such as stored procedures, temp tables, functions, etc
§ Any syndicated loan knowledge or financial services knowledge is a big plus
Education and experience
5-7 years of Experience with minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Enter details of the commercial exposure required for the position
This is an Individual Contributor Role
· Strong analytical, investigative and problem solving skills.
· Self-starter with a natural curiosity to learn and develop capabilities.
· Commitment to producing quality work in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction.
· Interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross functional teams.
· Ability to adapt quickly to existing and complex environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross functional teams.
· Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.