We’re looking for a HR Business Partner to join IHS Markit’s global People organization. In this role, you’ll lead HR for our Mountain Region (primarily Englewood & Boulder locations). As the Regional HR Business Partner, you’ll be part of a team responsible for the local implementation, administration and operation of our global HR programs, practices and procedures regarding employee relations, retention, colleague activities/events, and organizational development. You’ll be a key proponent of HR policy and program development; facilitate organization and leadership development efforts, and provide local clients with HR consultancy and solutions across many areas including succession planning, change management, colleague engagement, compliance and more. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a solid foundation as an HR professional to move into an independent mid-level role within the Regional Partner function.
Duties & accountabilities
- Partner closely with people managers, colleagues, Global HR Partners, Regional Partners and site leaders in our Mountain region. This region includes more than 1,000 colleagues from various lines of business.
- Assist in developing, implementing and administering company HR programs that meet current needs while also anticipating future business and talent trends.
- Responsible for coordinating and administering activities in a majority of HR functions including employment, employee relations, learning and development, diversity, engagement, and employee events.
- Advise management regarding HR policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions as consistent with strategic direction.
- Assist the HR organization during the annual performance management cycles, salary planning and benefits enrollment processes (and all other annual HR programs).
- Analyze business challenges, current HR programs and external market best practices/trends to identify improvement opportunities.
- Understand all applicable governmental regulations and advocate compliance requirements.
- Counsel colleagues and leaders concerning work-related problems.
- Assist with the rollout of updated or new HR programs and initiatives both globally and locally.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and increasingly responsible business partner experience including consulting with leadership in the design, development and execution of human resources strategies and practices including staffing, learning and development, success planning, performance management, and organizational effectiveness/team development. (Minimum 8 years)
- Excellent coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong partnerships at all levels within the organization
- Strong change management and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in conducting workplace investigations
- Ability to influence leaders at all levels from front line managers to senior executives
- Experience supporting organizations with globally diverse cultures and geographically dispersed colleague bases
- Strong decision-making skills; proactiveness
- Proven experience as a successful coach to leaders and colleagues related to work challenges, change management efforts, managing poor performers etc.
- Excellent analytical, reporting and quantitative capabilities
- Strong understanding of HR processes and ability to achieve impact and influence through quality information, access and awareness
- Service driven with strong customer orientation. Strong change management skills required
- Must demonstrate an ability to contribute to wider management issues beyond their immediate function.
- Ability to inspire and influence peers and colleagues across the firm through industry expertise and excellence in all aspects of communication and leadership
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.