Automotive Processor & Autonomy Senior Analyst
The IHS Markit Automotive - Supply Chain and Technology team is in search of a Senior Research Analyst – Automotive Processor and Autonomy. The analyst will primarily focus on research and forecasting of a variety of aspects of processors for autonomous driving, connected car at global level. The analyst will also support research on autonomous driving features, hardware and applications in APAC. This position may be based in South Korea(Seoul), China(Beijing or Shanghai or Shenzhen).
General Job Duties
· Conduct primary and secondary research to build in-depth understanding of automotive processors – i.e. SoCs, GPUs, microcontrollers for autonomous driving, infotainment and telematics,
· Track the overall demand, pricing, supplier ecosystem and technological trends - such as AI, new electronics architectures, cloud computing, cybersecurity etc. - affecting the processing content in both today’s and tomorrow’s cars.
· Tracking today’s and future specs (DMIPS, GFLOP…) and capabilities of various processor categories by application.· Maintain databases which track a set of attributes and supplier relationship related to processors by automotive domain
· Research autonomy applications and hardware for the Asian market.
· Present findings/data via webinars and at conferences/tradeshows/client events
· Nurture a network of contacts at automotive and semiconductor companies
· Directly support local sales team to secure renewals and new business
· Proven understanding of current and future trends in processing microprocessors, microcontrollers, applications processors, graphics processors, signal processors or configurable logic processors
· Demonstrated analytical and data interpretation skills
· Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful but not essential (e.g. Access, SQL)
· Electrical Engineering and/or software development background is required
· Automotive relevant experience is a plus
· Strong presentations skills and comfortable in client interactions is a plus
· Fluent in English
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.