The Director is a senior manager with the primary responsibility to convert his or her experience, knowledge, insights and analysis along with IHS’s knowledge base into sustainable, profitable IHS consulting services. This includes the development of winning proposals and management of consulting projects as well as the delivery/presentation to clients. Marketing IHS expertise and himself/herself as an expert with professionalism is essential to this role throughout the entire cycle of lead development, proposal writing, winning/closing the contract to delivery of work. Directors must be able to work autonomously in the negotiation and execution/delivery of consulting engagements, while managing a regional, and at times a global, project team
Ideally based in Singapore but opened to other APAC region
- Develop new consulting business in within greater Asia (with a focus on Korea, Japan, Taiwan but also all of Asia) including the full chain from client relationship building, opportunity identification, proposal development, closing of sale, and then to delivery of work. Key aspects included: Develop opportunities for single-client engagements through typical relationship development and marketing activities; Write proposals from sales leads (provided by others); Manage and support delivery on all aspects of consulting engagements
- Manage staff in the home office as well as in other Asia offices to support new business development and delivery of engagements Develop single client proposals. This requires clear written and verbal communications skills and analytical creativity to determine deliverables that best serves client needs and budget , and maximize the opportunity and profitability for IHS. Project management responsibilities require that the consultant manages the analysis and report generation required to satisfy single client projects. Directors are required to lead project teams and to independently complete analysis and reports as needed.
- The person in this role needs to be able to set up and perform all analytical work needed to deliver a successful engagement to the client.
- Ensure that projects under his/her direction are properly invoiced and work with accounting to ensure fees are collected. Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the basic IHS databases and tools. Be able to manipulate spreadsheet models or extract information from models to satisfy unique single client requests. Be able to summarize report into presentation format and deliver presentation to client. Mentor and guide analytical and staff support in a team environment. Maintain general knowledge of various chemical sectors (petrochemicals including olefins, aromatics, plastics, chloralkali; fertilizers, specialty chemicals and renewable) for interaction with clients. However, the focus of this role is in the Specialty Chemical sectors of the chemical industry and hence coming into the role with this experience will be a key requirement. Cooperatively work across the organization at multi levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach. Communicating internationally with consultants in other world regions in multiple time zones effectively
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least 15 years of chemical consulting experience with a major international chemical consulting firm or equivalent years in a business planning, business development and/or strategy development position within the chemical industry
- Industry Experience specifically in the Specialty Chemical businesses of the Chemical Industry is highly preferred
- Proven experience in managing large and complex chemical studies
- Chemical Engineering or Chemistry Bachelors Degree with an MBA (finance and/or strategy) a major plus
- Fluent in English with Japanese/ Korean language proficiency a major plus point
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proficient public speaker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Personable interface at multiple levels within a client’s organization.
- Ability to travel extensively within Asia. Travel requirements will vary depending on client situations
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.