About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
On our Graduate Program, you will join a team of industry experts who will work with you to accelerate your development. With exciting learning opportunities at its core, we'll help you focus on building the essential skills needed for a successful and meaningful transition into the professional world.
Learning is a continuous journey of personal and professional development. Our holistic approach leverages classroom based, digital, and peer to peer learning opportunities throughout the program, alongside mentoring and career development guidance. You will be part of a global class, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams.
Eligibility: Our next Graduate Program launches in 2020. We’re looking for final year students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time graduate role commencing in the summer of 2020.
Understanding the latest trends and leveraging sharp analytical skills and specialized industry expertise, our analysts deliver the data rich insights that guide our clients in long term decision making. If you are passionate about building the story behind the data, and becoming an industry or product specialist, then the Analyst stream is for you. Opportunities within this stream in the Raleigh, NC location include:
· Client Services
· Client Success
· Corporate Advisory
What you’ll do as an IHS Markit Corporate Advisory analyst
· Provide clients with actionable intelligence about their institutional investors and what is driving trading in equity markets.
· Provide clients with Targeting intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts.
· Develop and maintain advisory relationships with the investor relations and executive teams of publicly traded companies.
· Follow public equity markets and update clients about events affecting individual stocks, specific sectors, and broader indexes.
· Identify leading institutional buyers and sellers of clients’ stocks, and provide insight, color and context around the movements.
· Analyze all relevant activity around your clients’ stock activity, including competitive peer news and performance, valuation metrics, sell-side coverage, short interest, derivatives activity, and technical analysis.
· Deliver regular reports and ad hoc updates about stock performance, noteworthy institutional movements, and aberrational trading.
· Provide clients with intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts.
· Connect with buy-side institutional portfolio managers and trading desks to gain insights on investment strategy and trading.
· Participate in the growth and improvement of the team’s service offering to clients.
What we're looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths develop highly transferable skills and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be an ideal fit for the role, you'll have:
· A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (or equivalent) completed no later than September 2020
· This program is aimed at graduates with 0-12 months relevant experience · Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
· “Dual threat” analysts with both strong quantitative and qualitative talent
· Superior analytical reasoning, and effective oral and written communication skills
· An ability to work independently and within a dynamic team
· An ability to analyze data and absorb new information in a high energy, fast-paced environment
· Facility with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet a plus
· Demonstrated interest in equity markets and Wall Street, and an understanding of financial markets
· Aptitude to learn internal proprietary applications
· Detail-oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational and time management skills
· Comfortable with client-facing situations
· An ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
· Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
For our Analyst applicants, we recommend the following:
With depth of knowledge key to providing industry leading advice, it can be advantageous to have a study background in a field relevant to your team/role
Analyst Stream - Understanding the latest trends and leveraging sharp analytical skills and specialized industry expertise, our analysts deliver the data rich insights that guide our clients in long term decision making. If you are passionate about building the story behind the data, and becoming an industry or product specialist, then the Analyst stream is for you.
How to apply
Submit your online application, which should include your CV
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills and find a role that is right for you.
Stage 1: Submit online application
Stage 2: Initial screening process
Stage 3: Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles.
We recruit on a rolling basis and most of our assessment days are due to take place in late 2019. We recommend early application.
Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best possible solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.