- Working as a team with Chemical professionals in a number of global locations and who conduct research/consulting assignments on market developments and trends in the Specialty Chemicals industry
- Create and maintain chemical supply-demand forecasting models
- Work with product experts to identify key demand drivers
- Translate current chemical industry data and models into a new database environment.
- Optimize industry models to allow atomization of market reports production
- Conduct market research on India and SE Asia chemical markets
- Develop and maintain documentation for the model structures and functionalities
- The candidate will have interest in the chemicals sector, as well as excellent research ability and proficiency in Microsoft Excel (medium to advanced level required). This is an excellent opportunity for young professionals with a limited number of years of experience to pursue professional growth as a supporting member in an established market research, analysis and forecasting firm. Training on the industry will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry/engineering/sciences/math/business
- 2-4 years of analytical work experience using Excel and databases preferred. Prior experience in chemistry or chemical operations is a plus
- Very strong Excel, programming, and database experience and capabilities. Some specific areas of proficiency include:
- Ability to write, combine, and debug advanced Excel formulas.
- Understands methods for optimizing spreadsheet design to improve performance
- Ability to structure, format, and present raw/calculated Excel data in a clean and efficient manner.
- Understands implications of spreadsheet architecture on ease of use and robustness.
- Ability to automate tedious tasks in Excel
- Understand database structures and preparation of data for transfer to a database
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.