We have an exciting in-house opportunity at IHS Markit for a corporate immigration attorney who has at least 7 years of experience in all aspects of NIV and IV practice. The attorney must have experience supervising paralegals.
- Manage all aspects of corporate immigration cases, including H-1B, L-1, TN, PERM, EB1 Managers, I-140, and AOS.
- Responsible for being a hands-on lawyer who will prepare complex cases, RFEs, and Audit responses.
- Supervise paralegals, review work assignments, and provide constructive feedback.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the company and outside counsel to ensure SLAs are met and that the company has the appropriate resources in place to draw on as necessary. Manage budget spend for outside counsel.
- Review and implement best practices for in-house U.S. immigration program that keeps the Company both compliant and competitive.
- Stay abreast of changes in immigration policy, practice, and law in order to advise managers and employees on NIV and IV processes, and the challenges of the current administration.
- Work closely with HR and employment counsel on compliance projects (i.e. I-9 audits, public access file maintenance, etc.).
- Advise on immigration implications on corporate changes, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, etc.
- Partner with businesses, HR, and talent/recruiters regularly to strategize on new hires, extensions, and permanent residence applications.
- Provide excellent, sensitive, and responsive client service to foreign national employee population.
- Escalate issues appropriately to employment attorney or outside counsel.
- Be comfortable in running reports and identifying metrics for immigration program.
- Must have at least 7 years of corporate immigration experience working directly with foreign national clients, HR, and businesses.
- Experience must include NIV and IV case strategy development, keen analysis, innovative problem-solving and preparation of full range of business immigration applications for sophisticated and diverse stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable communicating orally and in writing with senior managers and employees.
- Excellent writing skills and experience preparing strategic and creative legal arguments. Writing samples required.
- Must want to take a leadership role and have the ability to work autonomously.
- Must be comfortable with immigration database systems, i.e. LawLogix, Tracker, etc.
- Looking for a candidate who is positive, independent, detail oriented, and interested in working as part of a team that is committed to providing excellent legal services.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.