The candidate will be responsible for growing the tax advisory business through delivering advisory services to clients in the Asia Pacific region in relation to the requirements of automatic exchange of information regimes such as FATCA and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS), and US tax information reporting, the Qualified Intermediary (QI) regime. In addition, the candidate will work closely with sales team and senior product specialists in the Asia Pacific region in pre and post sales projects in relation to the tax software solutions business.
Duties & accountabilities
• Identifying and driving consulting revenue in Hong Kong and North Asia markets.
• Drafting and delivering technical advice for consulting engagements.
• Assist in demonstrations of solutions and tools to targets and clients, including post implementation client support through training and consulting services.
• Assist in the drafting of materials for publications, thought leadership and seminars, including delivery of external presentations.
• Travel, as necessary, to assist sales and business development team in the pursuit of opportunities and engagements.
• 5+ years of experience in advising clients, ideally within FATCA, CRS and the QI regulations.
• Prior experience in a client-facing role with ownership of revenue targets
• Ability to interpret legislation and guidance and draft practical technical advice
• Effective project management skills
• Must be organised and able to manage multiple projects in parallel
• Experience with FATCA, CRS and the QI regulations
• Strong network of contacts in the financial services industry
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Languages – Cantonese and Mandarin essential
• Ability to think analytically and solve problems
• Will be a leader in a team with expertise in the field of information exchange regimes such as FATCA and CRS.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.