Description of the Role:
The Vice President will be positioned within the IEG Vantage (IEG) CAD Group. The CAD Group is comprised of seasoned industry professionals from across various segments of the agribusiness supply chain. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with IEG clients and utilizing IEG research to advise clients with respect to their business strategies. The position is also actively involved in IEG business development and sales activity whether sales are made in the information and decision support (retainer and subscription) area or in the business consulting project area. In this regard, the CAD will work closely with the Agribusiness Intelligence Account Managers (AM) to develop appropriate sales leads and client development activities.
Other broad functions of responsibility for this position include participation in the development and execution of the long-term business strategy of IEG; participation in the development and achievement of the annual budget and business plan; and business promotion activities such as attending and speaking at industry meetings, conferences, etc.
To achieve this, the candidate will need to ensure that:
- You are highly trained and experienced in the supply chains under their management and can communicate this knowledge and experience to the client base in multiple ways to add value to client business activities;
- You have high energy, are willing and able to deal with client requests as they arise, and to travel extensively as the job requires; and
- You can gain and maintain respect from members of the CAD and AM, analytic and consulting teams as well as the clients being served. And have the skills and ability to engage a highly-educated professional staff to optimize the contribution that each team member makes to the growth and success of IEG.
- Knowledge and experience in the economics and market elements of the supply chains under direct supervision.
- Assess and respond to specific needs and issues of current and potential clients at all levels of each supply chain under direct supervision.
- Build strong relationships with members of client firms.
- Meet with and conduct executive level presentations regarding the markets in the supply chains under supervision.
- Take complex economic and market issues and explain them in layperson’s terms.
- Effectively present research findings and outlooks to large audience conferences, exhibitions and industry meetings.
- As required, having the ability to step in and assume responsibilities of other team members during periods of employee transition. This requires staying very close to the economics and markets of all supply chains under direct supervision.
Attitudinal Attributes Required for the Role:
- Need excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written, verbal and via new technologies.
- A positive person and one that is willing to listen and communicates at a high level with both staff and the client base.
- A conviction to ideas and beliefs but also be able to compromise when needed.
- Convey a high level of professional competency as clients respond positively to a leader that is very knowledgeable and is up-to-date on business issues relevant to the client company.
- The person holding this position is required to have an advanced educational background. A Master’s or PhD level degree in agricultural economics, economics or business administration is required.
- A high degree of analytic ability that can be applied to the agribusiness supply chain.
- Extensive background and experience in the assigned supply chains with active involvement in the business elements of these supply chains dating over a minimum of 15 years.
- Ability to understand complex economic conditions and relate these and their implications to a broad cross section of businesses in each assigned supply chain.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to develop trust and respect from both employees as well as clients.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Exclusive loyalty to IEG and its business mission; its employees and its client base.
- A close working relationship with one or more AM professionals is essential.
- Ability to manage a highly trained and educated staff.
- Ability to communicate across business groups within the company.
- Ability to listen to employees, be accepting of ideas and to care professionally and personally for all employees of the company.
Key Performance Criteria:
- Retention of assigned clients creating sustainability in business revenues.
- Developing new clients and business consulting projects in conjunction with the AMs, sales and marketing teams.
- Retention, training and development of professional and support staff.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.