Ipreo by IHS Markit is looking for a knowledgeable and resourceful Product Owner with experience working on large scale technology platforms.
This position will be part of a team that delivers next generation content and focused platform capabilities supporting Ipreo by IHS Markit products globally, as well as leading the ongoing transformation of legacy content processes and systems.
This position collaborates closely with internal business stakeholders and technical teams to deliver a product experience that meets or exceeds customer expectations. We look for an entrepreneurial spirit, a close attention to detail, and a natural comfort turning complexity into order.
You will lead a mature agile development team. Your organization and project management skills will be of immediate and ongoing value to the team. This is an excellent opportunity for a Product Owner to develop industry knowledge within a fast growing, global financial technology organization.
What you’ll work on:
- Understanding our stakeholders and their needs Executing sprints; adhering to definitions of Ready and Done
- Writing user stories to define new application features and workflows
- Collaborating with developers and stakeholders to refine requirements
- Managing stakeholder expectations around deliverables Understanding and supporting our agile software development process
- Occasionally providing client service and end users with product assistance and troubleshooting
- Developing an understanding of our internal data model and API infrastructure
- Developing deep partnerships with Test team to assure high, sustainable quality Participating in cross-program collaboration on new initiatives
- Creating and maintaining product documentation – release notes, training materials, etc.
What we look for:
- 3-5+ years of Product Ownership experience Finance, capital markets, electronic trading, investing interest/experience a plus
- Experience with agile product development life cycle
- Ability to work with diagramming and/or wireframing tools like Balsamiq
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with developers and project stakeholders
- Individuals who are self-motivated, take initiative, and welcome the challenge of problem solving
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task projects of short, medium, and long-term time ranges
- Flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team as a participant and leader
- Collaborate and work well within multiple organizational and functional departments Technical curiosity and ideally some history of tinkering with develop me
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.