About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
As part of the Editorial and Publishing team you will work very closely with the wider Global design team, taking day-to-day instruction/jobs from the Design Managers and using design software. You will assume day to day responsibility for laying out content for magazine and for online platforms across a number of business lines. Work will also include infographics and data visualization as directed. Working with the graphics teams, take on graphic related tasks.
During your summer at IHS Markit you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on the job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career.
Eligibility: Our next internship program runs through the summer of 2020. We’re looking for students who are working towards a bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time graduate role commencing in the summer of 2021.
We want to build a pipeline of exceptional emerging leaders. If you excel in your internship, you could be fast tracked onto our full-time graduate program!
• Perform electronic layout of deliverables using InDesign and InDesign templates, as the main software, will need to work across other database platforms too inputting structured data and inputting edits
• Upload deliverables to company website, CMS systems and liaise with the print shop/production as appropriate for hard copy
• Creation of pdfs – high resolution for print, low res for online delivery systems
• Some Excel chart and table formatting, also potential to format work in Publisher, Word and Power point, adding edits as required
• Maintain and update print schedules in the publication calendar as required
• Work on infographics as directed
• Layout pages of magazines as directed using InDesign Creative Suite
• Source images and illustrations ensuring their suitability and credentials, working closely with Image Archivist
• Graphic related tasks pertaining to content processing (eg posters etc, rather than marketing)
• Interest in working on mapping using Arc View technology (I think this should be names as ArcGIS, Wikipedia: ArcView is now referred to as ArcGIS for Desktop Basic.)
• Interest in working on web design and the application of common design standards developed initially for hard copy to online platforms
• Ability to be able to cover for DTP colleagues and perform layout duties
• Participation in global team meetings
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Studying for a bachelor’s degree or relevant experience (e.g. proficient in using CMS systems and/or past experience in inputting well-structured data an advantage)
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft Office. Microsoft Vision and Publisher are a plus
• Excellent written and verbal skills – in a small team, there may be a need to cover and provide proof reading support on occasions
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously – excellent organizational skills
• Attention to detail and good multitasking skills
• Ability to understand, retain, and apply the procedures to move between different publishing platforms and environments
• Ability to meet tight deadlines—resourcefulness and flexibility crucial
During your summer internship, you’ll gain invaluable on the job experience whilst developing the skills to drive your career within the corporate world. You’ll partner with our industry specialists to deliver high impact work and grow your skillset through our interactive development sessions. A core component of your internship is our tailor-made global innovation challenge, providing you with the opportunity to pitch your ideas to our senior leaders.
What we're looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship Program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be eligible for a Summer Internship, you will:
For our Corporate Function applicants, we recommend the following:
Our Corporate functions sit at the core of our firm. If you are interested in opportunities in any of the following fields, then our Corporate Functions Stream is for you:
How to apply
Submit your online application, which should include your CV
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills and find a role that is right for you.
Stage 1: Submit online application
Stage 2: Initial screening process
Stage 3: Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles.
We recruit on a rolling basis and most of our assessment days are due to take place from November 2019. We recommend early application.
Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best possible solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.