Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people’s behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
As aM continues to expand its engineering community and mature in its Agile approach, the infrastructure required to rapidly build, test, and deliver assets will become increasingly complex. DevOps exists as a multi-disciplinary practice dedicated to evolving and operating our rapidly-changing software at scale through partnership from design, to development, to production support. This includes operating and maintaining our continuous integration and delivery pipelines, monitoring solutions, and production infrastructure. This will all be done by focusing on time-to-market and software reliability.
What you will do:
• Participate in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through
deployment, operation, and refinement. Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
• Constantly seek and identify opportunities to streamline existing processes by introducing automation, tools, or infrastructure to scale the business.
• Support the development organization’s continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline, including setup of production and lower environments to build, test and release all software.
• Design, implement, and maintain the monitoring and metrics systems, providing the business stakeholders with ongoing feedback on system performance.
• Work closely with leadership and IT to provide input into the design and implementation of the security infrastructure.
• Work with Architecture, Engineering, Quality Engineering, IT, and Product Operations leaders to create and implement processes that accelerate the delivery of new features and products with high quality and at scale.
• Create examples, framework, standards or other reference that develops the abilities of others to consistently deliver high-quality work.
• Develop and contribute to a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the infrastructure services and streamlining of the development pipeline.
• Participate in a diverse team of talented engineers globally, providing guidance, support and clear priorities.
Who you are:
• Minimum of 7 years of DevOps, Software Engineering or Infrastructure Operations experience, with a passion for DevOps and improving the delivery pipeline and infrastructure supporting it
• Strong infrastructure architecture and design skills
• Experience in designing and implementing monitoring, logging and alerting systems
• Experience or knowledge of Kafka is ideal
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of an organization
• Knowledge and understanding of cloud-native architectures, SaaS design principles, microservices, and containers. Any certification is highly desirable.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems,
• Experience in project planning and estimating, project budgeting, staffing, change control, and status reporting
• Ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical and business problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
• Experience working in an Agile software development organization implementing and supporting development teams using CI/CD pipelines, with tools such as Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
• Familiarity with setting up automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, Mocha, Selenium, etc.), and automated code analysis/security platforms (e.g. Sonarqube, Checkmarx, Contrast, Qualys)
• The ability to use code to create automation and a working knowledge of our development tools which include Jenkins, Jira, Git, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Splunk (but not necessarily all) is required
• Knowledge of container orchestration ideally using Kubernetes is highly desirable
• The ability to understand situations or problems by organizing information in a logical way. This includes anticipating problems for root causes and alternative solutions.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Friday, though holidays and weekends may be required.
We believe in equal employment opportunities:
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the company’s employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary actions up to and including discharge.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.